On 14 February 2012 HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) launched a tax campaign for those working in the electrical industry that have not declared all of their income to HMRC…

The Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan (ETSP) gives electricians the chance to come forward and declare previously undisclosed income and pay the tax they owe, including reduced tax penalties, and avoid the potential severities of an enquiry by HMRC.

Those who choose not to take part in the Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan run the risk of being faced with a tax enquiry HMRC, which could end in a criminal tax prosecution.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have said that the Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan is available to “anyone who installs, maintains and tests electrical systems, equipment and appliances under stringent safety regulations”.

If you think that you have not been paying the right amount of tax then HMRC’s Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan (ETSP) campaign can help you get your tax affairs up to date. If you have failed to disclose all of your income to HM Revenue and Customs or declare that you are now self-employed, KinsellaTax can make your voluntary disclosure to HMRC for you.

If you wish to take part in HMRC’s Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan (ETSP) you must notify HM Revenue and Customs by 15 May 2012 via the telephone, online or post. All you are required to do at this point is inform HMRC that you wish to take part in the campaign; you do not disclose anything else at this point.

KinsellaTax strongly advises that you speak with an expert who is well versed in HMRC campaign tactics before contacting HM Revenue and Customs to take part in the Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan campaign.

If you decide to take part in HMRC’s ETSP then a voluntary disclosure report must be submitted to HMRC and any tax owed plus tax penalties must be paid in full by 14 August 2012.

If HMRC believes that your voluntary disclosure is missing information or has been completed incorrectly they may decide to launch a targeted look into your affairs. This is why it is important to employ a specialist to complete and submit your voluntary disclosure form for you.

KinsellaTax are in contact with HMRC on a daily basis and can carry out your ETSP voluntary disclosure report for you; this means that you do not have to contact HMRC as one of our experts will handle this for you.

Declaring previously undisclosed income through HMRC’s Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan (ETSP) offers the following benefits:

You may only be required to pay for undeclared tax going back a maximum of 6 years HMRC may let you decide how many penalties should be paid. You may be able to pay the outstanding tax owed to HMRC in instalments

Kevin Kinsella Jnr, of KinsellaTax, said:

“Six years seems to be a let off, under the Taxes Management Act 1970 HMRC can go back 20 years. I wonder if an older electrician who has been in business say 30 years, whether the six years will actually apply to him.”

Do you work in the electrical trade and think that you have not paid the right tax or have not declared all of your income to HMRC?

KinsellaTax strongly advise that a report is made to HMRC by a specialist on your behalf.

KinsellaTax staff consists of ex-HM Inspector of Taxes and ex-HM Customs and Excise Officers.

Related Articles

Comments are closed.


We're here to help you. Call 0800 471 4546 for free confidential help and advice 24/7
or fill in your details below.

*Please do not use this form to report anyone (we cannot take any action) or to sell your own services.

Translate »